The method of admission to a Hospital Provider Spell.
- The following National Codes have been introduced to replace National Code 28 'Other means'. National Code 28 will be retired in the next version of the Commissioning Data Set:
- 2C 'Emergency Admission: Baby born at home as intended'
- 2D 'Emergency Admission: Other emergency admission'
- National Code descriptions have been updated to remove National Code headings and add prefixes. The Data Set specifications that contain this item will be updated in the next version of the Information Standard where it is not already correct.
- The explanation of the National Code description prefixes are:
- Emergency Admission: when admission is unpredictable and at short notice because of clinical need
- Other Admission: not specified above
- The following National Codes have been updated in DCB0092-2062: Commissioning Data Sets: Emergency Care Data Set. The Data Set specifications that contain these items will be updated in the next version of the Information Standard where it is not already correct:
- 28 'Emergency Admission: Other means'.
|11||Elective Admission: Waiting list|
|12||Elective Admission: Booked|
|13||Elective Admission: Planned|
|21||Emergency Admission: Emergency Care Department or dental casualty department of the Health Care Provider|
|22||Emergency Admission: GENERAL PRACTITIONER: after a request for immediate admission has been made direct to a Hospital Provider, i.e. not through a Bed bureau, by a GENERAL PRACTITIONER or deputy|
|23||Emergency Admission: Bed bureau|
|24||Emergency Admission: Consultant Clinic, of this or another Health Care Provider|
|25||Emergency Admission: Admission via Mental Health Crisis Resolution Team|
|2A||Emergency Admission: Emergency Care Department of another provider where the PATIENT had not been admitted|
|2B||Emergency Admission: Transfer of an admitted PATIENT from another Hospital Provider in an emergency|
|2C||Emergency Admission: Baby born at home as intended|
|2D||Emergency Admission: Other emergency admission|
|28||Emergency Admission: Other means, examples are:|
- admitted from the Emergency Care Department of another provider where they had not been admitted
- transfer of an admitted PATIENT from another Hospital Provider in an emergency
- baby born at home as intended
|31||Maternity Admission: Admitted ante partum|
|32||Maternity Admission: Admitted post partum|
|82||Other Admission: The birth of a baby in this Health Care Provider|
|83||Other Admission: Baby born outside the Health Care Provider except when born at home as intended|
|81||Other Admission: Transfer of any admitted PATIENT from other Hospital Provider other than in an emergency|
This attribute is also known by these names: