The HIV and AIDS Reporting Data Set is used to:
- Identify the groups at risk of HIV infection in England
- Monitor the short and long term clinical outcomes of people living with HIV infection
- Monitor the effectiveness of the national policies and guidance
- Adapt and refine interventions, as appropriate.
Secondary analyses of aggregate outputs from the HIV and AIDS Reporting Data Set will be used to:
- Conduct performance management at the Local Authority and national level.
The extract covers one calendar quarter.
The HIV and AIDS Reporting Data Set is attendance based and should be submitted quarterly, 2 weeks after the end of the quarter.
Data for submission will be formatted into an xml file as per the HIV and AIDS Reporting Data Set XML Schema.
The Mandation column indicates the recommendation for the inclusion of data.
- M = Mandatory: this data element is mandatory and the technical process (e.g. submission of the data set, production of output etc) cannot be completed without this data element being present
- R = Required: NHS business processes cannot be delivered without this data element
- O = Optional: the inclusion of this data element is optional as required for local purposes.
For guidance on the XML Schema constraints, see the HIV and AIDS Reporting Data Set XML Schema Constraints.
For guidance on downloading the XML Schema, see XML Schema TRUD Download.