The information in the National Cancer Waiting Times Monitoring Data Set is required to provide details on cancer SERVICES in England. This enables the performance monitoring of Health Care Providers and Clinical Commissioning Groups in order to maintain and increase standards across England.
Cancer Waiting Times data relates to the waiting time requirements outlined in the:
Patient Pathway Scenarios
- Data can be transmitted to the Cancer Waiting Times System through any of three routes:
- Bulk upload via an XML file
- Bulk upload via a CSV file
- Single record entry through the Cancer Waiting Times Submission portal
- Data for XML submission will be formatted into an XML file as per Technology Reference Data Update Distribution (TRUD) at: NHS Data Model and Dictionary: DD XML Schemas
See Patient Pathway Scenarios, for the scenarios which show:
- the data items required for a range of health care scenarios and
- information on how records will be validated to ensure these scenarios have been correctly reported.
The Mandation column indicates the recommendation for the inclusion of data.
- M = Mandatory: this data element is mandatory and the technical process (e.g. submission of the data set, production of output etc) cannot be completed without this data element being present
- O = Optional: the inclusion of this data element is optional as required for local purposes.
Data Set Constraints
For guidance on the Data Set constraints, see the National Cancer Waiting Times Monitoring Data Set Constraints.
For guidance on downloading the XML Schema, see XML Schema TRUD Download.