The Aggregate Contract Monitoring Data Set is to enable the interchange, in a uniform and consistent format, of monthly aggregate Contract Monitoring data between all purchasers and Health Care Providers. This will ensure that Contract Monitoring and reporting is consistent, comparable and fit for purpose across all commissioning ORGANISATIONS.
Submission of the Aggregate Contract Monitoring Data Set is a contractual requirement and a recognised monthly reconciliation statement. It demonstrates the aggregated cost of commissioned clinical care provided to PATIENTS as well as financial adjustments not attributed directly to clinical care. The totality of expenditure documented in the Aggregate Contract Monitoring Data Set must be equivalent to the monetary value of the invoice raised by the Health Care Provider and presented to the commissioner.
The scope of the Aggregate Contract Monitoring Data Set is all NHS-funded clinical care provided (including drugs and MEDICAL DEVICES not covered by the National Tariff Payment System) provided to PATIENTS as well as financial adjustments not attributed directly to clinical care, for all commissioners. This covers:
- All NHS and Independent Sector Healthcare Providers, secondary Health Care Providers, (acute, mental health and community services), but not primary care, from whom the NHS commissions healthcare.
- All NHS commissioners (Integrated Care Boards or their equivalents and NHS England)
The Aggregate Contract Monitoring Data Set is an aggregation of the three separate patient-level Contract Monitoring data set flows:
The Aggregate Contract Monitoring Data Set is submitted on a monthly basis to the respective Data Services for Commissioners Regional Office (DSCRO) as nominated by each commissioning function in line with the dates documented in the data submission timetable within Schedule 6 of the NHS Standard Contract.
The completed monthly Aggregate Contract Monitoring Data Set should be transmitted using the NHS England Data Landing Portal (DLP).
For further information on the Aggregate Contract Monitoring Data Set, see the NHS England website at: Directly commissioned services reporting requirements.
The Mandation column indicates the recommendation for the inclusion of data.
- M = Mandatory: this data element is mandatory and the technical process (e.g. submission of the data set, production of output etc) cannot be completed without this data element being present
- R = Required: NHS business processes cannot be delivered without this data element
- O = Optional: the inclusion of this data element is optional as required for local purposes.