The purpose of the Devices Patient Level Contract Monitoring Data Set (DePLCM) is to enable the interchange, in a uniform format, of monthly PATIENT level device Contract Monitoring data between all purchasers and Health Care Providers. This will ensure that device Contract Monitoring and reporting is consistent, comparable and fit for purpose across all commissioning ORGANISATIONS.
The Devices Patient Level Contract Monitoring Data Set is a PATIENT level report containing PATIENT identifiers relating to High Cost Tariff Excluded Devices. Its purpose is to substantiate and provide detail to the information contained within the Aggregate Contract Monitoring Data Set (ACM).
The scope of the Devices Patient Level Contract Monitoring Data Set is all NHS-funded MEDICAL DEVICES not reimbursed through the National Tariff Payment System, as defined in the NHS England National Tariff Payment System High Cost Devices list and any High Cost Devices not associated with a National Tariff, provided to PATIENTS for all NHS commissioners.
- All acute and community NHS and Independent Sector Healthcare Provider secondary Health Care Providers, but not primary care, from whom the NHS commissions healthcare;
- All NHS commissioners (Integrated Care Boards or their equivalents and NHS England).
Note that the totality of expenditure in the Devices Patient Level Contract Monitoring Data Set must be equivalent to the aggregate monetary value shown relating to High Cost Tariff Excluded Devices in the Aggregate Contract Monitoring Data Set.
The Devices Patient Level Contract Monitoring Data Set is submitted on a monthly basis to the respective Data Services for Commissioners Regional Office (DSCRO) as nominated by each commissioning function in line with the dates documented in the data submission timetable within Schedule 6 of the NHS Standard Contract.
The completed monthly Devices Patient Level Contract Monitoring Data Set should be transmitted using the NHS England Data Landing Portal (DLP).
For further information on the Devices Patient Level Contract Monitoring Data Set, see the NHS England website at: Directly commissioned services reporting requirements.
The Mandation column indicates the recommendation for the inclusion of data.
- M = Mandatory: this data element is mandatory and the technical process (e.g. submission of the data set, production of output etc) cannot be completed without this data element being present
- R = Required: NHS business processes cannot be delivered without this data element
- O = Optional: the inclusion of this data element is optional as required for local purposes.
Data Set Constraints
For guidance on the Data Set constraints, see the Devices Patient Level Contract Monitoring Data Set Constraints.