Home-based Intermediate Care aims to prevent hospital admissions, support faster recovery from illness, support timely discharge from hospital and maximise independent living.
- Step up Home-based Intermediate Care:
- Step down Home-based Intermediate Care:
- provides care to PATIENTS (at home or in their community) following an admission to hospital and who are determined by a "medically optimised for discharge" decision making process to be no longer in need of hospital care
- includes PATIENTS who may be in their last years or months of life but are not in their last days of life.
For further information on Home-based Intermediate Care, see the:
- age.uk website at: What is intermediate care?