Youth Offending Team
A Youth Offending Team provides the main supervisory elements of statutory youth justice services.
- assessment of children and young people who have offended and management of risk and Child Safeguarding issues
- supervision of children and young people who have been remanded to custody and those requiring support in the community, as directed by the court
- provision of pre-court interventions
- supervision of children and young people who have been given court orders which are to be managed in the community, including the provision of a lay youth panel to discharge the responsibilities of Referral Orders
- sentence planning for children and young people in custody and their supervision on release.
This supporting information is also known by these names:
|alsoknownas||Youth Offending Service, Youth Justice Service, Youth Support Service|
|plural||Youth Offending Teams|