Special Education Needs
Special Education Needs refers to children who have Learning Difficulties or disabilities that make it harder for them to learn or access EDUCATION than most children of the same age.
Examples of Special Education Needs include:
- reading, writing, number work or understanding information
- expressing themselves or understanding what others are saying
- making friends or relating to adults
- behaving properly in school
- organising themselves
- some kind of sensory or physical needs which may affect them in school.
For further information on Special Education Needs, see the Government website.