SNOMED CT® Refset
- Is a data structure defined within SNOMED CT® Release Format 2 (RF2)
- Consists of a set of references to SNOMED CT® components, like concepts, descriptions or relationships.
- Usually represent groups of concepts that share specified characteristics (for example, a specific clinical domain)
- Support user interface development through the organisation of clinical display, creation of menus and pick-lists, or support of knowledge structures
- May be created as value sets for messaging or data entry.
Different types of SNOMED CT Refsets are used to represent:
- Descriptions or concepts for particular realms or specialties
- Suitability of particular concepts for use in a particular context in a record.